This will be a very unique guide, I'm even surprised by myself. Cyclops is extremely powerful in the jungle with really high damage base with short cooldowns. Cyclops almost had everything he need to be the "broken" hero. Cyclops current a meta-pick or ban in almost every games in higher ranks. If you want to get to Legend for the first time, this is your chance. I will guide you in every possible way in order to help getting to Legend by using Cyclops. (Cyclops only cost 15000 BP after all, don't be afraid to try him out, I bet you won't regret it.)
Cyclops is a giant with only one eye, yes, at least he is in his own homeland. Cyclops were obsessed with stars and skies when he was little He watched all days and nights and discovered the truth that planets were moving all the time. And this kind of movements, it contains unbelievable magic power. With an hourglass to load and control this kind of power, he became the famous “Starsoul Magician” his homeland. Planetary movements will never stop, hence his strength is extremely powerful and invincible, which , however, made him feel lonely. One day, Cyclops arrived at the Land of Dawn during his space travel and he found out in surprise that there were so many strong opponents waiting him to defeat. “I come, I see, I conquer!” Said Cyclops.
Starlit Hourglass (Passive): The deep bind with stars gives Cyclops the power to control time. Current cooldown of all skills will reduce by 0.5s when his skills hit enemies.
- This passive makes Cyclops really powerful, every ability spammable, stacking max cooldown reduction to abuse this passive.
Stardust Shock: Gathers the power of stars and casts two shock waves of stardust, each dealing 220 pts of magical damage to the enemy.
- Long range damage dealing ability, nothing much, this ability attacks twice, which means double Starlit Hourglass proc
Planets Attack: Uses the power of stars to generate a starlit sphere spinning around him and increases his own movement speed greatly for a short period of time. The sphere will attack nearby enemies (enemy heroes first) automatically, dealing 160 pts of magical damage to them (damages dealt to the same target will decay).
- ALWAYS MAX THIS FIRST
- Strongest ability in the game, extremely high base damage, low cooldown, powerful
- Planets Attack cooldown timer starts after you used the ability, which means you can use it, wait, and gank with two Planets Attack in a short time (you need to time it well).
- It attacks the closest target first, so it's not recommended to walk into your enemy target every time with Planets Attack. You can use it after you are in the range of Planets Attack to make sure every orbs hit (unless the target is alone).
- Planets Attack procs Starlit Hourglass multiple times, use this often almost everywhere (running/roaming/jungling/clearing wave/etc.)
Star Power Lockdown (Ultimate): Cyclops wields the power of stars to his fullest and creates a magic sphere filled with planetary power to track his enemy, dealing 500 pts of magical damage. According to the flying distance of the sphere, the target will be trapped for 1-2 sec.
- Extremely powerful ganking ultimate, can be used to picking low HP as well.
- Starlit Hourglass made this ability really short cooldown when maxed CDR.
Items & Battle Spells Explained
These are the 3 build I've had experimented so far, they are the best build on Cyclops at the moment. Every of these build are strong depends on your playstyle and which you prefer.
Core items are:
- A must have item for mana sustain, Cyclops abilities cost isn't that high but it's really spammable, which made Cyclops kinda mana-hungry.
- Best in slot item, huge survivability bonus and some HP + magic power. No excuse on not to buy this item.
- Helps clear jungle quickly, a slow for your Retribution, overall very good item on Cyclops
- Magic Power and Huge Magic Penetration, usually buy as last item. Unless enemy team rushes a lot of Magic resists.
- Bonus magic damage, magic power, etc. Overall a very good item on Cyclops. Burst-type item.
- Easy to proc, burning damage, bonus magic power, good to build VS heavy HP tanks on the enemy team.
Not recommended but meh items:
- Not needed, it's fine but the items on the top are much better. You can always try it out, it will still work but not as powerful.
Retribution is the only one to take, not anything else.
Planets Attack + Retribution can clear the small jungle camp immediately which is extremely fast, helps you to be ahead a lot than everyone else. With upgraded jungle item, you can even slow the target with Retribution, helps your gank even better.
Game Plan & Strategy
Start with a jungle item (it's A MUST!). Why? Because of Cyclops' abilities and his kit, it's best to free roam and jungle, you can snowball really hard with Cyclops. Staying in lane and farming is just waste of opportunity and time. Cyclops' jungle clearing speed is absolutely CRAZY. His lane minion clear is just meh.
Usually this is how it goes, Jungle Item (Tier 1) > Boots (Tier 1) and proceeds into your main build.
Boots early helps roam around the jungle quicker.
Normally, this is my pathing:
Goes Top Lane > Clear the small jungle above blue jungle > Clear first minion wave > Blue > Jungle all the way until level 4 > Looks for opportunity to gank > Clear minion wave as you passby a lane/after ganking > Back to jungle or invade enemy jungle > etc.
Keep doing this until you are really ahead, this is the "snowballing" phase. The game should be done really quick if you are doing this correctly. Keep in mind, always look for opportunity to catch someone off-guard.
If the game goes on evenly (aka mid/late game where everyone have 4-6 items), Cyclops' teamfighting is pretty decent, good damage but the bad thing about Cyclops' is that he can't control his Planets Attack ability, which makes Cyclops really bad when there's an extremely tanky enemy front line. You could try to go sideways to burst/poke the enemy back line, otherwise stay together with your team. If you are able to catch an enemy carry off-guard, the game should be ended easily.
Rank Phase/ Skill Level
Warrior-Master: Pretty easy, keep roaming and keep ganking, catch anyone who's out of position in the early game (after you are level 4), you can get really fed and snowball really quickly in this rank, it's not a problem and solo carry the game.
Grandmaster: The people in this rank started to farm properly, try to get yourself ahead than most of them. Help your team out and gank a lot, but don't get yourself caught.
Epic-Legend++: This is where the challenge is. Be really careful when counter jungling and ganking/roaming, if you get caught, enemy could snowball quicker than you do, you would lose the snowballing phase and loses the game really badly. Teamfight and Teamwork is very important unless your team destroys the enemy team within 6 min of the game.
Hello fellow Mobile Legends: Bang Bang! Players. My name is KeoLegend and I am here to show you guys a simple, yet effective way to play Cyclops, which is without a doubt, one of the most satisfying funny heroes to play with. So take your popcorn, some coke and “watch ‘n enjoy” my guide. Remember that I am not the owner of truth, so that is simply how I play effectively with him. Here we go…
Cyclops is a giant with only one eye, yes; at least he is in his own homeland. Cyclops were obsessed with stars and skies when he was little He watched all days and nights and discovered the truth that planets were moving all the time. And this kind of movements, it contains unbelievable magic power. With an hourglass to load and control this kind of power, he became the famous “Starsoul Magician” his homeland. Planetary movements will never stop, hence his strength is extremely powerful and invincible, which, however, made him feel lonely. One day, Cyclops arrived at the Land of Dawn during his space travel and he found out in surprise that there were so many strong opponents waiting him to defeat. “I come, I see, I conquer!” Said Cyclops.
Starlit Hourglass (Passive) – The deep bind with stars gives Cyclops the power to control time. Current cooldown of all skills will be reduced by 0.5 second when his skills successfully hit enemies.
This passive is simply one of the best a mage could ever want. Once you get level 2 and have 1st and 2nd skill you can reduce your skills cooldown by 70%. That simply makes Cyclops the strongest 1v1 early game mage of the game. You can even beat the likes of Zhao and Alucard before level 4 with ease. Late game this becomes arguably the BEST passive for a Mage. You damage is already high, your mana is infinite and now… this passive makes you spam all your skills repeatedly. Poor enemies….
Stardust Shock (1st Skill) – Gathers the power of stars and casts two shock waves of stardust, each dealing 220 magic damage to the enemy.
Good damage, good range, good cooldown. Although that is not my favorite skill, it is a fine skill. Use it to safe kill things for afar, or poke dangerous enemies that you cannot get too close for a fight. In addition, once you learn the mechanics of this skill you can steal their blue buff, and make them tilt early game!
Planets Attack (2nd Skill) – Uses the power of stars to generate a starlit sphere spinning around him and increases his own movement speed greatly for a short period of time. The sphere will attack nearby enemies (enemy heroes first) automatically, dealing 160 magic damage to them. Damages dealt to the same target will decay.
This is what makes Cyclops the best in business. Not only it gives a burst of speed, which is awesome to flee or chase, it is also one of the most damage dealing skill of the entire game if his 5 spheres hits a single enemy. That is the reason why I love to take it at level 1 and max it first. The damage is just too high, it auto-targets heroes so you do not need to worry about targeting them and it can also be used to trick opponents chasing you! Let that Karina run to you, use this skill and this will reduce 2,5 seconds of all your other skills! Therefore, you can cast 1st skill, which will let you cast this skill again, then your 4rd skill… then… rinse and repeat! This skill is what makes Cyclops a god and what differ good Cyclops from bad ones that just spam his 1st skill and expect it to kill people…
Star Power Lockdown (3rd Skill/Ultimate) – Cyclops wields the power of stars to his fullest and create a magic sphere filled with planetary power to track his enemy, dealing 500 magic damage. According to the flying distance of the sphere, the target will be trapped for 1-2 seconds.
A very funny skill. Nothing amuses me more than see a guy with low HP trying to run from the sphere and no matter how fast he runs, or flicks or do anything… he will get hit, and will die! Great damage, decent CC and VERY spamable!
WHY PICK CYCLOPS?
Cyclops is what I call a Jack-of-all trades Mage. He has everything, mobility, damage, range and CC, and while not excelling at any of those categories he handles all of them very very nicely, which in my opinion put him above other risky mages like Eudora or Aurora, which one wrong movement or a fail skill during a team fight raises their deaths over 9000 times!
WHEN TO PICK CYCLOPS?
Cyclops is best played on mid lane, against another mage. He is an EXCELENT Anti-mage, and that I will explain below. He can also be used as some sort of 2nd Mage support on TOP or BOT lane because you literally just need ONE item to be effective during all game.
PROS AND CONS
As all other Heroes, Cyclops has some goods and some flaws. Let´s start with the pros:
- Good attack speed: He can take down towers effectively, although not even close to AD heroes, he can still be faster than almost all other mages due his great attack speed. This makes him very capable of taking down the first mid tower very early in the game.
- Good mobility with his 2nd Skill: A spammable burst of speed which also hit enemies hard… you can catch fleeing enemies, flee from enemies or simple run around and pretend you are a smaller version of Karina!
- Is not mana hungry: That is one of the most important things of my “Best mage” checklist. He can combo and then combo again… and then again, without having to worry about mana and that is simply amazing!
- Very cost effective: He does not need expensive items to shine like other mages. You will find yourself very very strong with only Boots + 2 items!
- All skills “on demand”: What do I mean by “on demand”? Simple. You need a long range piercing poke? Click on 1st skill. You want a burst of speed? (and tons of damage) Click 2nd skill. You want to Stun anyone? Click on 3rd skill. You do not depend on enemies’ condition or your own condition, you do not need to trigger any passive, or any state, just click and… it is done.
- Spammable Skills: He is different from other mages because he can do his combo repeatedly during a team fight, while other mages can only do once and hope it is enough to finish the fight. That is why Cyclops grows stronger during the team fights and other mages gets weakened.
- He does not have an actual nuke skill: I am talking about Eudora’s 3rd skill, Aurora’s 3rd skill, Vexana’s 2nd skill, and some others. Do not expect to click once and melt down the enemy team.
- Lack of AoE CC: That CC is meta everyone knows. That Mages are the gods of CC is also known. However, Cyclops can only CC one guy at the time. But that is compensated with his very short cooldowns.
- Shines more in longer team fights: That is not a necessary con, but just a reminder. Eudora and Aurora for example shines at the start of a team fight. They burst/nuke down the enemy team and hope their team do the rest. Cyclops is a bit different. He has a smaller nuke but he really shines on longer team fights because of his passive. So he can ult at least 3 times before other mages has their ults ready to cast again. Also his first 2 skills are so spammable that he can achieve more damage than the carry if he lives long enough to do it.
ITEM BUILD EXPLAINED
Core Items: These items are core on any Cyclops build:
Enchanted Talisman: +55 Magic Power. +250HP. +20% Cooldown Reduction.
Unique Passive – Mana Spring: Regens 20% total of one’s max mana every 10 seconds.
Rush this item ASAP. Cyclops does not have mana issues but early in the game he is still a mortal, so he can run out of mana. Farm until you can get this awesome book and then you are ready to wreck anyone early to mid game. If you need some extra mobility you can get tier 1 boots, but NEVER rush Raw Ability Power items over Enchanted Talisman because Cyclops shines in infinite skill spam, not skill damage!
Arcane Boots: +15 Magic penetration.
Unique Effect: +40 Movement Speed
Cyclops does not need Cooldown Reduction boots because of his passive and other items. On the other hand, Magic Penetration is essential for some good damage. Take it.
Guardian Relic: +90 Magic Power
Unique Effect: 25% Magic Power
Unique Passive – Exterminate: After a skill hits a target, magic attack will immediately increase 15%. The next skill damage will terminate this effect. This effect can last up to 3s with a built-in cooldown time of 10s.
There is your damage item. Great passive as well to add even more burst damage, especially if you can hit your 3rd + 1st skill.
Fleeting Time: +70 Magic Power, +15 Mana Regen +20% Cooldown reduction.
Unique passive – Timestream: After killing an enemy hero, immediately reduces 20% of current reuse time for all abilities.
Makes Cyclops into a skill machine gunner. Not only you will achieve 40% passive Cooldown reduction, you also get 20% extra reduction on kills, and do not forget his -0,5 seconds “per skill hit” passive. If they do not focus you right at the start of the team fight, they are dead. Simple as that.
Blood Wings: +150 Magic Power.
Unique Passive – Nirvana: Adds 2 HP for every 1 pt of magic power added.
I usually like to build this one as my last item. Great amount of Magic Power and some good bonus HP as well. This item is very straightforward, more burst damage on your skills.
Concentrated Energy: +70 Magic Power. +700 HP.
Unique: 30% Spell Vamp.
Unique passive – Recharge: Regen 10% of one’s HP after killing a hero.
Nothing else to add other than: “YOU WILL GET MORE HP BACK THAN A MARKSMAN!”
Ice Queen Wand: +75 Magic Power. +15 Mana Regen. +7% Movement Speed.
Unique Passive – Bound: Skills that damage an enemy hero will carry a 15% slow down effect. This effect lasts 3s and can stack up to 2 times.
Very useful if the enemy team has a Zhao/Alucard/Chou/Freya/Karina fed. His 2nd skill gives them a 30% speed reduction while giving you a good amount of speed, making it easier to escape or kite your enemies
Glowing Wand: +75 Magic Power +5% Movement Speed +15 Magic Penetration
Unique passive – Scorch: Burns the target for 3s when the skills hit, dealing 2%/2,5%/3% of the target’s current HP as magic damage, at least 10 pts.
Not in my favorites list, but it has good stats and well, more damage is always welcome.
Devil Tears: +65 Magic Power Unique:+40% Magic penetration.
Unique passive – Spellbreaker: When HP is over 70%, the unique attribute for this equipment will increase 30%
Use this in case of a heavily built Magic resist enemy team.
Immortality: +800HP +40 Magic Resistance.
Unique passive – Immortal: Resurrect 2s after dying and get 15% HP and a shield that can absorb 300-1000pts of damage. Shield lasts for 3s. Cooldown for this effect is 180s.
Get this if your team are behind or if you are being too much focused. Those seconds resurrecting is enough for another spam of skills and can turn the tides of a battle.
GEAR SET EXAMPLES
In my humble opinion, that is only 2 Spells that can benefit Cyclops:
Flicker: Best positioning spell of the entire game. Use it to surprise enemies with your second skill, to ult someone, flee, chase and trick your opponents.
Assault: This makes your kiting very very very (Did I say very?) powerful! All other battle spells while also being good, does not really shine on Cyclops.
Go with Magic Emblem set. It has everything you need for an early advantage!
TIPS ‘N TRICKS
Please watch my video especially made for this guide below for some demonstrations.
Video Link: https://youtu.be/l_qWNuorpdE
Anyway, here is some tricks that will enhance your play style:
- If you are against a Mage on the mid lane, start with your 2nd Skill and hide into a side bush. When you can target him walk towards him and use your 2nd Skill. This will make all 5 planets hit your target dealing higher damage than any of his skills at level one.
- If by level 2, the mid laner went missing, check their blue buff. Stay in the outside bush and try to steal their buff with your 1st Skill.
- Use Flicker + 2nd Skill to K.O. your opponent, even under tower. As you do not have to target anything, it will be too fast that your enemy will not be able to react.
- Once you get Enchanted Talisman, you can farm waves easily with your skills. Remember to hit 1st Skill on all enemies along the path and 2nd skill near the Siege Minion to focus all the planets on him.
- If you are being chased, use the bush in your favor. Hiding in the bush and casting 2nd skill will make they suffer damage even before walking into the bush, which will decrease your other abilities’ cooldowns in the process.
- Always stays in the backline spamming your 2nd skill on whoever gets close, using your 1st skill to poke and your 3rd skill to set up plays. If you are confident, you can quickly use 2nd skill, walk to the frontline and move back again, so it will hit more enemies and reduce your other skills’ cooldown.
- A Blue buff is only needed early game. Late game if you have a Fanny, Estes or another mana-hungry hero let them take it! You can steal your opponent buff as well.
That is it. Big? Maybe. But it worth readying right? Cyclops is such an amazing and fun hero and very cheap too. No chances that you will not like him! Now start practicing and help me raise his win rate to the top! Thanks for reading.