Super Smash Bros Ultimate 4.0 has dropped!
- Very Easy difficulty has been added to Adventure mode.
- Snapshots can be added to the time line in Edit Video. Only snapshots taken via the pause menu can be used; screenshots taken using the Capture Button cannot be used. In addition, snapshots taken from custom stages cannot be used.
- Steel, grass, sponge, paper, and yarn terrains have been adjusted in Stage Builder. After this update, stages created in versions 3.1.0 and older may behave differently. In addition, the way thumbnails are displayed has been adjusted.
- The following spirits will appear in the Shop on the Vault menu:
- Great Sabrecub
- Liquid Metal Slime
- Hero's Comrades
- Online Tourney mode has been added. While a tourney is open, please check rules and more within Online Tourney.
- A Support function to predict the winner of a Spectate battle and earn points has been added. The points can be exchanged for in-game items and gold.
- Videos can now be played repeatedly in Shared Content. In addition, a Yeah! will be added automatically whenever you save posted content.
- Note: A paid membership to the Nintendo Switch Online service is needed to use these features. Please also see "Notice about Online Play" for more details.
- The following downloadable content will be usable after purchase:
- Hero Challenger Pack
- Erdrick's Helmet + Armour
- Martial Artist Wig + Gi
- Veronica's Hat + Outfit
- Slime Hat
- You cannot make videos of replays that contain DLC you have not purchased (fighters, stages, music, Mii Fighter costumes, etc.).
- When the FS Meter is fully charged, you will be unable to unleash the Final Smash if you don't use it within a set period of time. Note: This change will not affect Spirits mode.
- Game balance adjustments have been made. Please see the official website for details of fixes and changes to fighters.
- Several issues have been fixed to improve gameplay experience.
- The latest software version is required to enter Online mode.
- Local wireless play is not compatible with Ver. 3.1.0 and earlier. All players who want to fight in local wireless battles need to make sure they have the same software version.
- Replays from Ver. 3.1.0 and earlier are not compatible. If you want to keep your replays, convert them into videos before installing the update. You can do this via Vault → Replays → Replay Data → Convert to Video.
As well as the above, there are a series of fighter adjustments:
(Patch notes copied from Nintendo)